Friday 18 July 2008

No More Commenting

I have decided to never again reply to a provocative comment that appears on youtube or any other news websites. As a matter of fact I will stop reading comments by other readers altogether, except for comments on the Arabic Aljazeera website, because in most cases they are funny.

Honestly I don't even know why I reply in the first place, but when I read stupid comments I get this feeling that I really should reply, its not that I'm a very intelligent person and that I know everything, no, well maybe I am, who knows. Its a strange feeling, it's like a highly exothermic reaction taking place between the two sides of my lungs, like right under the sternum I think they call that bone, the side effects is the intense thoughts of strangling the person who wrote the comment and a rush of thoughts in my head of how I should reply as well as a lot of cursing. In short, I get angry.

I will give an example, here is a comment written on The Independent website saying, "The Arab mentality contradicts, what the West would regard as logical and ethical, therefore, it is pointless to apply Western reason in dealing with them. Human life hasn`t the same value, perceptions of truth are different and they have a tendency to confuse fact with fiction..."
Posted by Amisraelchai

What a racist bastard!! I wonder what type of research that nit did to reach this conclusion!! I wonder who made the "West" the optimum standard for the "logical and ethical" mentality anyways.
The problem with such comments they are so stupid that you cannot argue or reply with a well constructed intellectual comment. Its just like when someone swears at you, you don't try to analyze what the person said, you don't try to reply with a beautifully put together smashing researched answer... you just swear back at that person.. And its the same thing!

Anyways I have decided to quit commenting and replying for now. Thank you.

1 comment:

Maysaloon said...

I second that emotion. It is such a waste of time and energy and leaves you drained. Unless somebody makes a direct accusation about me, I don't bother responding and I usually avoid the readers comments in blogs, newspapers and news sites. In fact, I avoid most blogs nowadays too for the same reasons.