Sunday 6 September 2009

Back Home

Three weeks ago I packed my bags in the UK and was on a plane on my way back to the Middle East; Syria for now. To be honest this is not what I planned for last year when I was hoping to work for a couple of years in the UK to gain some experience in my field and then moving on to the middle east where naturally I would have ended up. However due to many factors that affected my plans I was not able to stay in the UK given the current economic crisis and the job market in addition to other things that added to that I decided not to bother anymore and head straight back home.

It's great here. They always say that it is only great if a person comes here for a vacation, anything else a person will surely end up in depression. I don't think that is the case, I like it here, it is very much different especially now in ramadan where everyone seems to be pissed off for some strange reason as if each person fasting thinks they are doing it for everyone else and not themselves. What I don't like here is that in order to get something done in time and with little hassle you have to know someone who has some influence or works in the ministry where you are trying to get something done. It is terrible however I am getting my driving license done that way soooo... :D

Anyways I'm glad to be back!

No comments: